Valentine's day....friend or foe?
Ok ok so every year at this time I seem to go into hiberbation! I might be a little bitter at the fact that ANOTHER V day rolls around. Why, because everyone that I have been with has SUCKED! This year is the first year that I have received 2 V day cards! 2, CAN YOU BELEIVE IT? and you know what the cool thing is, THEY ARE FROM THE SAME MAN!
Ok, in all honesty, do we need to celebrate love only on one day, it should be every day but with less hoopla! The hype about V day is that men have an excuse to spoil women or even forget about the day, sorry girls but we are spoiled bitches! Get over the fact that a man must buy you something on ONE day to show their love, MEN STEP UP! Treat your woman to flowers at least twice a month! if not flowers, than find what makes her gush! Woman right now reading this are probably thinking, "what a bitch, she just dissed me!" Come on girls, admit it, we are spoiled! and what do we do for our men, other than NAG! You can see why I am single now LMFAO!
Now, my big question is that I know most men are not the most in touch with their inner feelings and all lovey dovey but why is it that when you have been with someone for awhile it becomes unneeded to do something special on V day, OR ANY DAY! Love on us! We pop out kids, manage a house, keep most men on track, we feed your sexual desires, and for the most part look SWEET naked! (FOR THE MOST PART)
Am I a friend or foe of V day? well, in the past I have been a Foe, because of the Jerks that have blessed my life on V day. Seriously, the men that have blessed me have forgotten or have lied and said that they would spoil me but they don't have the money, IT'S NOT ABOUT THE MONEY ASSHOLES! Now, If I actually had been with that treated me the way I should be treated on V day like every other bitchy woman than maybe I would be a friend!
As I mature and get older I am starting to SLOOOOOWLY like V day and that is because I am no longer getting spoiled by men, because I am not! I am getting spoiled by everyone! The past V day, my good buddy gave me a V day gift, chocolates and heart shaped balloons and stuff but she put it in a Budwiser bottle! AH I FEEL LOVED! Balloons in a Budwiser bottle, thanks babe! I was newly single and I needed a pick me up! So outside of my mommy, I was blessed with someone that just wanted me to smile, and I got a vase of Budwiser balloons!
I also am finding that V day is not only about men and women but it is about woman to woman, or woman to elder, or elder to woman, men to elder, or elder to men, however, the later of that sentence is kinda unusual, because men just don't celebrate V day with other men, unless your gay or you have a son!
So, let's sort this out! V day from this point on will be everyday, except that there will be no hoopla! perhaps, I will go and get 356 little "Be my Valentine" cards and hand one to each person that has touched my life!
Perhaps I am also going to cheap out (probably will actually) and just tell as many people that count that have blessed my life, just how much they mean to me!
All in all peeps, if you are single and it is V day, tell someone you love them because we can! If you don't have anyone to say "I love you" to, call or visit a war vet and tell them that you love them! Vet's need love to!
Happy V day everyone, I LOVE EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!
Until next time,
Jewellz
Until next time,
Jewellz

2 comments:
Hi! Just stopping in from Northern Sky Chronicles :-) I wouldn't mind a bit of spoiling, I have to admit...
we all require to be spoiled.. it's in the contract when we were created..lol! I know I could use some spoiling.. Flowers would be a nice touch.. I'm not holding my breathe tho..
Post a Comment